Take A Free Quiz
Is Crescent right for you? Find out!

Financial Aid Info

Apply for financial aid today to cover your Crescent education

Crescent is one of the only bartending and casino gaming schools in the U,S. to be approved to accept U.S. Financial Aid.

Applying for financial aid is a simple process. It will all be worth it to start a new career as a bartender or casino dealer. Just contact the Admissions Representative at the Crescent campus you want to attend (see below), and we can walk you through the process and answer all your questions about how to pay for your tuition.

Start by Completing the FAFSA

Start with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see what type of financial aid you qualify for to attend the bartending or casino gaming program at the Crescent campus of your choice. The link to the form is on the bottom of this page.

Crescent staff can answer your questions about the FAFSA formUse School Code: 030104.

How It Works

If you're dependent on your parents, you'll need financial information from them to complete the forms. Otherwise, you'll be sharing your own financial snapshot. In awarding financial aid, the U.S. government is interested in determining four pieces of information:

  • Parent or parents' available income (if applicable)
  • Student's available income

The information you provide is used to figure out your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) which is an estimate of how much you can afford to pay for college. The cost of attendance at any college includes: tuition, fees, room and board, books and supplies, personal expenses estimate, and travel estimate, Financial aid officers determine your individual need by subtracting your EFC from the cost of attendance at their school. Your financial aid package is intended to meet your needs. It will consist of three types of aid: grants and scholarships, Federal work-study, and student loans.

If you are a U.S. military veteran, you have even more options available to you to attend Crescent. Learn more about Veterans Benefits here.

90/10 Requirement

Crescent Schools failed to meet the 90/10 requirement in 2022. If Crescent Schools has a subsequent failure in 2023 that could result in the institution’s inability to offer Title IV student aid. 

The Types of Financial Aid Available

There are many types of financial aid violable to attend CrescentThe types of financial aid available include:

  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal Stafford Loans
  • VA Funding
  • WIA/WIN Funding

To be eligible for Federal educational aid, you must have a high school diploma or GED.

Many of our students end up paying for their whole bartending or casino gaming training program from these sources and even have living expenses left over. In addition, alternative financing options are available.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Pell Grant

Federal Program Offers Another Source of Financing for Students

A Pell Grant is money the government provides for students who need it to pay for college. Grants, unlike loans, do not have to be repaid. Eligible students receive a specified amount each year under this program. Over one-third of undergraduate students received a Pell Grant last year.

You’re eligible for a Pell Grant if you have financial need. To be eligible for a Pell Grant, you must also:

  • Be an undergraduate student who has not earned a bachelor's degree (with some exceptions for students in post baccalaureate teaching programs)
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program, like Crescent's.
  • Have earned a high school diploma or a GED or have completed a high school education in an approved home-school setting
  • Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen

The maximum Pell Grant for the 2017-2018 award year is $6,095. The amount of the grant depends on your financial need and other factors, including the amount of time you attend college (whether a full academic year or less, and whether you attend full-time or part-time). You cannot receive Pell Grant funds from more than one college at a time.


Bold.org, the largest independent scholarship provider in the US with millions of students. They have a wide variety of scholarships available to apply for. You can find all about the scholarships here: https://bold.org/scholarships/

What to Expect

Crescent admissions reps guide you through the financial aid processA college may credit Pell Grant funds to your account, pay you directly or use a combination of these two methods. The college must notify you in writing of the amount of the Pell Grant, and of how and when payments are made.

To apply for Pell Grants, as well as all federal, state and some institutional financial aid programs, start with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at the bottom of this page.

You can request a paper FAFSA from the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 800-4-FED-AID (433-3243).

Learn more about students loans here.

We are here to help you through the financial aid process. Call an Admissions Representative at the campus you want to attend for questions and assistance.

Get started today by clicking the FAFSA logo below.

Use School Code: 030104.

(Note: When you enter our School code, the New Orleans, Louisiana location will pop up. This is the correct choice, even if you want to attend school at a Crescent location in Mississippi or Nevada. Make sure you fill out the latest 2017-2018 application.)


We are here to help you figure out all of your financial aid options:

Call Joe or Kathy in Las Vegas
Call Josh or John in New Orleans
Call Daryl or Autumn in Gulfport/Biloxi